- 1921 – Founded as Woolwich College of Further Education.
- 1998 – Woolwich College amalgamated with Greenwich Community College to deliver the Adult and Community Learning contract for the London Borough of Greenwich.
- 1999 – London Leisure College was formed by a partnership between Greenwich Community College and Greenwich Leisure Limited .
- 2009 – Greenwich Community College Business Unit formed to deliver tailored training for local employers.
- 2016 – Greenwich Community College forms federation with Bromley College of Further and Higher Education.
- We have 4 main support departments. Please click here for full details.
- During the latest inspection Ofsted highlighted our strengths as being:
provision in health, care and English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) is good; students, especially those who face challenging circumstances or are vulnerable, benefit from high-quality pastoral support; students enjoy a college culture which celebrates their diversity, and in which they feel safe to discuss topical and often controversial issues with one another and with their teachers.
- Please click here to view our Ofsted reports.
- Please see breakdown of learner numbers below:
|Type of Provision||No. Learners|
|Total number of learners aged 14-18||354|
|Total number of learners aged 19+||1014|
- Over 90 languages are spoken by our learners
- FE First Silver Award for Best PR Campaign
- FE First Silver Award for Collaboration with the Host Borough Colleges
- Highly Commended FE First Award for Marketing to Employers
- LSIS (Learning and Skills Improvement Service) Award for our work in supporting and promoting the Learner Voice.
- 2012 Inspire Mark for Legacy Champions event with 5 host borough colleges
- Highly Commended award by CoLRIC (Council for Learning Resources in Colleges)
- Matrix accreditation awarded for all Student Services.
- London Education Partnership Award ‘Chairs Award’ (with AEG Europe)
- Two ticks disability symbol for our commitments to the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled people.
- Winner of FE First Marketing ‘Best Website Award’
- Winner HR in Hospitality ‘Links with Schools and Colleges Award’ (with AEG Europe)
- Winner of FE First Marketing ‘Collaboration’ Award
- Highly Commended Beacon Award for International Support