- 1921 – Founded as Woolwich College of Further Education.
- 1998 – Woolwich College amalgamated with Greenwich Community College to deliver the Adult and Community Learning contract for the London Borough of Greenwich.
- 1999 – London Leisure College was formed by a partnership between Greenwich Community College and Greenwich Leisure Limited .
- 2009 – Greenwich Community College Business Unit formed to deliver tailored training for local employers.
- We have 4 Faculties. Please click here for full details.
- Our Sports Leisure and Tourism and ESOL provision being graded as ‘Good’. Please click here to view our Ofsted reports.
- In 2010/2011 we had 11,115 Learners. Please see breakdown below:
|Type of Provision||No. Learners|
|Younger Learner Provision (14-19)||1157|
|Adult Learner Provision (19+)||3506|
|Employer Responsive Provision||873|
|Informal Adult Learning||3787|
- We enrol over 60 International Learners each year
- Over 100 languages are spoken by our learners
- We employ 660 members of staff.
- 67% of our students on learner responsive funded qualifications are from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
- FE First Silver Award for Best PR Campaign
- FE First Silver Award for Collaboration with the Host Borough Colleges
- Highly Commended FE First Award for Marketing to Employers
- LSIS (Learning and Skills Improvement Service) Award for our work in supporting and promoting the Learner Voice.
- 2012 Inspire Mark for Legacy Champions event with 5 host borough colleges
- Highly Commended award by CoLRIC (Council for Learning Resources in Colleges)
- Matrix accreditation awarded for all Student Services.
- London Education Partnership Award ‘Chairs Award’ (with AEG Europe)
- Two ticks disability symbol for our commitments to the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled people.
- Winner of FE First Marketing ‘Best Website Award’
- Winner HR in Hospitality ‘Links with Schools and Colleges Award’ (with AEG Europe)
- Winner of FE First Marketing ‘Collaboration’ Award
- Highly Commended Beacon Award for International Support