Sports, Leisure & Fitness
What does the course include?
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
You will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
- How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
- How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
- How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
What do I need to get on this course?
You need a minimum level 2 fitness instuctor qualification or equivalent level 2 qualification that includes anatomy and physiology
Where does it lead?
On successful completion of this qualification you could work as a Personal Trainer in Fittness Centers or start your own Personal Training business working as a self employed Personal Trainer with your own clients.