What does the course include?
PRINCE2® is a process-based approach for project management, providing an easily tailored and scaleable project management methodology for the management of all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practiced worldwide.
The foundation certificate provides an insight into the process oriented approach of the PRINCE2® project method and the value of using it to implement projects.
You will learn competency in the most important concepts, principles and themes of the PRINCE2® method, learn how to monitor a project within the boundaries of the project plan and improve participation in a project in accordance with the PRINCE2® method.
The course includes:
- The relationship between a project and its business case
- Explanations of the PRINCE2® Principles, Themes and Processes
- Roles, associated tasks and responsibilities within a PRINCE2® project
- Structure and contents of a product focused project plan
- Definition, management and acceptance of work packages
The practitioner certificate provides all the tools you need to become a PRINCE2® expert. It incorporates the management of project risk, maintenance of effective communication channels and control of spend within budget
You will learn competency in applying all the PRINCE2® project processes and principles and tailor each to a specific project, the ability to set up and manage complex projects, an understanding of how to identify and control risks, and the skills to monitor the objectives of a project and ensure a focus on quality is maintained.
The course includes:
The relationship between the business case, programmes and the project.
- PRINCE2® Principles- Continued business justification, Learn from experience, Defined roles and responsibilities, Manage by stages, manage by exception, Focus on products and Tailor to suit the needs of the project environment.
- PRINCE2® processes- Starting up a project, Initiating a project, Directing a project, Controlling a stage, Managing product delivery, Managing a stage boundary and Closing a stage boundary.
- PRINCE2® Themes- Business case, organisation, Progress,
Quality, Risk and Plans
What do I need to get on this course?
Some experience of small project management would be beneficial.
How will I be assessed?
The course is broken down into bite-sized lessons and combines leading edge multi- media and interactive exercises for optimum enjoyment and retention.
Full tutorial support is available via e-mail and phone for the duration of your study. The unique mock exam simulator allows you to test and re-test your understanding before the exam.
- The Foundation examinations is a one hour multiple choice paper with a pass mark of 50%.
- The Practitioner exam open-book (only the PRINCE2® Manual is allowed) and has a pass mark of 55% (59/ 108).
Where does it lead?
Professional progression within project management environments across sectors and internationally. Enables you to set up and manage complex projects.