GCC works solely with Britannia Student Services to provide students with the best affordable accommodation in the South East of London. We encourage overseas students to stay in a host family to acquire first hand experience of the UK’s social and family culture. Students who are learning English as a foreign language also find it useful to communicate in English and use their new skills outside of their classroom experience. Homestay opportunities are available throughout the year near GCC’s multiple centres in Greenwich, Blackheath, Plumstead, Charlton, Woolwich and Eltham.
Advantages of working with Britannia
Student Services are:
- Extensive database of homestay accommodation and facilities.
- Full-time Accommodation Assessors that ensure a constant supply of available accommodation as well as hands on student service.
- Multi-lingual staff.
- Britannia Student Services strictly adheres to the standards specified in the ENGLISH UK (British Council) Code of Practice and require homestay hosts to sign a form agreeing to abide by them.
- There is an ENGLISH UK certified Accommodation/Welfare Officer and staff are experienced in assisting GCC with British Council inspections (2005).
- There is a 24 hour emergency service (for example, weekend relocations).
- Many other services are on offer such as accommodation in halls of residence (please ring or email to find out more), airport transfers and insurance.
- Accommodation requests direct to Britannia Travel Services are dealt with within 24 hours (Saturdays,Sundays and public holidays excluded).
Executive category accommodation
Not available on a self-catering basis and there is only limited availability of Executive category homestays/private homes that offer half board accommodation 7 nights a week. Some Executive hosts will agree to provide 3 or 4 meals a week instead of 7 meals a week. Rates will be agreed at the time of booking.
Minimum Stay/Curtailment for Homestays & Private Homes Minimum stay 2 weeks. A one week supplement of £15 will apply to bookings of under 2 weeks. Bookings cannot be cut short within the first 4 weeks of stay. Thereafter one week’s notice will apply.
Juniors (age under 18)
Students age under 18 are classified as “juniors” and special rules apply. A supplement of £15 per person per week will apply for this age group, to cover the cost of higher rates paid to hosts (for the additional responsibility) and CRB checks, as appropriate. Juniors may only be accommodated on a half board (breakfast & dinner) basis and are not eligible for self-catering or bed and breakfast meal plans. Superior and Executive categories are not available for this age group.
For more information on accommodation please contact the international office or visit: